Book Review: The Wife Between Us

The Wife Between Us

by: Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen


Publication Date: January 9, 2018
Finished on: November 4, 2017
Publisher: St. Martin's Press

Special thanks to St. Martin's Press for the free Advance Reader's Copy.  All opinions expressed below are my own.

Synopsis:
The Wife Between Us is a perfect example of a suspense novel.  Well crafted and a fun and fast read!  Below is the synopsis from Goodreads

"A novel of suspense that explores the complexities of marriage and the dangerous truths we ignore in the name of love.

When you read this book, you will make many assumptions.
You will assume you are reading about a jealous wife and her obsession with her replacement.
You will assume you are reading about a woman about to enter a new marriage with the man she loves.
You will assume the first wife was a disaster and that the husband was well rid of her.
You will assume you know the motives, the history, the anatomy of the relationships.
Assume nothing.

Discover the next blockbuster novel of suspense, and get ready for the read of your life."



My review:
I read this novel in November and am a bit late to the game with my review.  I'm going to keep this review short and sweet. 

I hadn't heard a ton about this novel when I started, except that there was at least one big plot twist.  I'm a huge fan of the big surprise twist, so I was looking forward to this read.  After about 100 pages, it was feeling a bit too much like a relationship drama to keep my attention, but I was committed to getting to that plot twist.  And bam!  WHAT. A. TWIST.  Seriously, it was so good and something I definitely didn't see coming!  I was officially hooked!

And to my surprise and reading pleasure, there wasn't just one plot twist, but several!  The authors actually save a plot twist for the Epilogue.  The Wife Between Us was cleverly written, and as a reader, you won't know who to trust!  It will keep you guessing, right up until the end.

There were times in this novel that reminded me of The Girl on The Train, but I felt like this was much better executed.  While you could categorize the main character as unreliable, she is nothing like the main character on The Girl on the Train.

Overall, I rate this 4.5/5 stars.  The Wife Between Us is a clever, twisty read that keeps readers on the edge of your seats.  Definitely my favorite suspense in AGES!  I recommend this to anyone and everyone who loves reading suspense - I'll definitely be forcing a few friends to read it.  My only advice is to keep going until you hit the first plot twist, and it will definitely hook you after that!


Comments

Popular Posts