Book Review: Two Girls Down
Two Girls Down by Louisa Luna
Published by Doubleday Books
Finished on 5/29/17
I enjoyed this book. It was a bit of a slow burn for me - it took me a while to get interested in the main characters and I often found myself wanting more from them. By the end, I was happy with the book. I didn't LOVE it or stay up all night reading it, but it was well written, witty, and kept me guessing. I could see this turning into a series, as there are many storylines that could be developed and many main characters that could be developed further. I rate this 3.5/5 stars.
- A fairly original premise (to me)
- Falls under the category of mystery/thriller, but isn't one that you need to be afraid to read alone or late at night
- Large cast of characters
- Keeps you guessing
- Overall, I didn't feel compelled to read this book. I think I could have just as easily left this book, never to return if something else had distracted me
- There didn't seem to be much 'spark' between the main characters - I would have been nice to put some sexual tension or something in the book, although that may have felt wrong given the other subjects this deals with
- Storylines that even hint at pedophilia just don't jive well for me
I would recommend this read to others who are into mysteries or detective stories and want to try something new. This would be an easy book to recommend to a parent or friend who wants their books fairly PG13.
I received an advanced readers copy of this book from the Netgalley program in exchange for this review. This review reflects my honest opinion.