Book Review: Best Served Wild

Best Served Wild is essentially a cookbook geared towards those who love and are actively participating in outdoors adventures. All of the recipes are vegetarian and geared to keep you full during your adventuring.



Pros:
The pictures are gorgeous! If they don't motivate you to get outside, then I don't know what will. 
The recipes are fairly straightforward and easy to follow.

Cons:
I expected that more of these recipes would be things you could cook WHILE adventuring, but the majority of recipes were make-ahead or things you could need to cook while car-camping (i.e. with large pots and pans and refrigerated items). 
As someone who cooks a lot and adventures a lot, most of these recipes were not unique to me. I can make protein bars and granola bars without much effort or need for a cookbook.



I would highly recommend this book for a beginner cook or beginner adventurer. If you are experienced, then I would pass. 


I received an advanced readers copy of this book from the Netgalley program in exchange for this review.

Comments

Popular Posts